We are part of Hannover Re group of companies which is one of the world’s largest re-insurer. We are one of the leading insurers of risks involving title and related areas of property and property finance. As a long standing Legal Indemnities, provider we have developed a full range of policies to help lawyers involved in property transactions resolve both known and unknown title issues.
Due to our on-going expansion and business growth, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Assistant Underwriter. The underwriting process is a combination of risk assessment, sales, commercial awareness and negotiation with clients to ensure they have a specific policy to cover risks that arise during title investigation.
The role will lead you to underwrite high net worth commercial legal indemnity risk within agreed authority levels to achieve profitable growth in line with the business plan. Our internal training programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills to progress your underwriting career.
About the role
- Assist with the daily underwriting and processing of commercial and residential risks
- Review/summarise files, gathering information for Underwriters and dealing with new enquiries via the telephone and through written contact
- Learn about the various legal indemnity and property related risks and underwriting them effectively
- Undertake training towards underwriting high net worth residential property and commercial legal indemnity risks, using effective and flexible underwriting decision and techniques to maximise business profitability
- Checking policy wording, and demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of policy coverage and ability to discuss this confidently with clients
- Building strong relationships with clients, solicitors, brokers and business units, as well as assisting the sales team in the development of these relationships.
- You will need a good law-based degree or a legal/insurance/property professional qualification or relevant experience
- You must be a dynamic, ambitious, business minded individual, with sound commercial acumen and strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, combined with a flair for negotiation and relationship building.
- You will be capable of producing high quality work in a flexible, fast-paced environment; be able to demonstrate creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems; and have the ability to effectively assess risk
- You should be independent and able to work on your own initiative, whilst also having the ability to function effectively in a team environment
Above all, you will need to show enthusiasm, flexibility and a positive working attitude. Successful candidates demonstrating these attributes will be rewarded with the opportunity for a very successful career within a company that is part of a globally recognised brand.
How to apply
Candidates interested in this position should submit their CV and cover letter to Allison Ellingham, Manager of Operations and HR at [email protected] no later than 31st January 2014.